The ASU Food Policy and Environment Research Group examines policies and programs that influence environments, food consumption, physical activity behaviors, and health outcomes in disadvantaged populations. We aim to improve the health of children and families through comprehensive policy and environmental approaches.
Research opportunities are available for graduate and undergraduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and research faculty. E-mail Dr. Punam Ohri-Vachaspati to learn more.
What We Do
- Assess how the environment contributes to health behaviors and outcomes
- Evaluate nutrition programs and interventions
- Study the impact of health policies
- Connect retailers with communities to improve food access
- Disseminate research findings to communities, stakeholders, and policy makers
- Develop practical, low cost assessment methodologies
Read more on our areas of research.
Who We Work With
We collaborate with researchers and community partners in Arizona, New Jersey, and nationally. Our work is supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Arizona Department of Health Services, and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.
Where We Are
As part of the College of Health Solutions, we are located on ASU’s Downtown Campus:
Arizona Biomedical Collaborative (ABC) Building
Arizona State University
425 N. 5th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Contact Our Team.